Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Day at the Beach

I first met mom Sarah when she called me a few years back to shoot Lindsay's portraits, as they had recently moved to Houston and needed a local photographer. It's been a while, and I've been privileged to shoot their family portraits, Baby Lauren's portraits, and most recently this beach session.

It's a treat to see these guys each and every time I'm invited! I can't believe what a beautiful girl Lindsay has become (I remember when she met me for the first time-- super-shy, we watched Clifford and had some goldfish crackers to break the ice). Lauren is growing like a weed, looking more like a little girl and less like a baby.

It wasn't the most fabulous weather at the beach (cloudy, sticky, and of course windy) but we definitely made the best of it and came away with some great family shots. One of my favorites is Lindsay walking into the surf with her dad, you can see their reflection on the wet shore. It reminds me of a picture of my father with my niece and daughter walking along the beach... one of those images she will treasure as she gets older.
































No comments: