I'll be holding a meeting on the evening of Monday, May 23 at my office to answer any questions you might have about the organization and this committee. Please contact me if you'd like to know more about becoming a committee member.
The time commitment is going to vary, but will probably be between two and eight hours per month. I'm hoping to hold committee meetings every month or two, depending on how easy it is for us to communicate without meeting. You will be required to sign non-compete and privacy agreements in order to participate.
Some of the things my committee is responsible for:
- Contact wish applicants to gather information
- Verify medical and background information
- Verify Doctor licensure information
- Communicate with health care providers
- Help applicants understand the wish granting process
- Reach out to the Houston medical community to identify potential applicants & help them understand our organization
- Present to different groups throughout the Houston/Galveston area
- Network with organizations that would be good partners for Wish Upon a Wedding
- Help the organization in general by attending various events in the wedding and/or healthcare industries.
The Houston chapter has already granted one wedding wish since our launch last summer, and more wishes will be granted soon! It's been an exciting first year, so we're looking forward to covering more ground and helping more people as our organization grows.
I'm looking forward to seeing you!
WHERE: 4119 Montrose, Suite 310, Houston 77006
WHEN: 6:00 p.m.