Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WPPI, Las Vegas 2009

And for my next trick, I'll post about WPPI in Vegas! Yes, Vegas last year. WPPI 2009. 11 months ago.

It's not like I've had nothing else to do ; )

WPPI is the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International-- a wonderful organization that's very new, fresh, rockstar, young. The convention is lots of fun, very inspiring, kind of refuels your "be awesome" tank, if you know what I mean.

I attended with my very own wedding photographer and my Auntie Gale. When Jack and I visited Vegas last we stayed at the Palazzo, and evidently they liked us enough to offer up some free rooms that coincided with WPPI. BRILLIANT! I also flew on a travel voucher... you know, when you're going somewhere and they offer a flight credit to someone who will wait and take the next plane? I had taken that option on a previous trip. Free flight! Free hotel! Good thing, because Vegas is expensive!

Lots of inspiration and new products, but since that's all old news, I'll just share some of the pretty pictures with you. I like to see the sights and gamble, I'm not much of a late-night-partygoer.

This was also when I was training for my first 5k, so one morning I got up early and ran down the strip, it was GREAT! I ran all the way from Palazzo to the MGM Grand, played out my $21 voucher, got some water from the cocktail waitress, then ran back down through NYNY, powerwalked through the Monte Carlo, and on down through Caesar's and the Mirage and TI, right back to my hotel. It was pretty fun!



The view from our room at Palazzo (we could see the pirate show!), and crazy robot guy out in front of Caesar's.


The Forum Shops at Caesar's... mall extraordinaire! And some great red peep-toe pumps... that only cost like 900 bucks. WANT!


Printed this one out for my office : )


She's framed in our living room. SASSY!


The Eiffel Tower at Paris and some vintage neon.


The Venetian


The cute gondolas at the Venetian


Need Jesus? You can buy Him in many forms on Fremont Street!


Don't need Jesus? Then how about a fried oreo?


No need to pimp this ride, folks.


It's the Beatles! And my reflection in one of them.


Auntie Gale, who was around for the original British pop invasion and ADORED the fab four!


Volcano erupting at the Mirage, BOOM!


I had to include this... it was at one of the shops at the Wynn. Pretty Prom Princess meets sea monster/mattress coil hybrid ; )


No trip from Vegas has officially begun until I have Moons Over My Hammy at Denny's!




No comments: