Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Adrienne's Gorgeous Galvez Bridal Portraits

I met Adrienne and her coordinator, Kelly Balfour of Eventology Weddings, at Hotel Galvez on a SUPER windy chilly day in December... luckily we were able to shoot mostly indoors and in the shelter of the big hotel!

We did a couple of unconventional angles (Adrienne lying on the floor, for instance, me lying on the floor shooting) but they turned out really well. Adrienne actually chose two enlargements for her reception-- the first image and the fourth image below-- fabulous news for me, because we all know I love a happy client, and I love seeing my work blown up and displayed : ) I also loved the way the silhouettes came out! When I have a bride with a gown whose train is so textured, I love to make the light fall over it just so. The Galvez provides plenty of appropriate curtained vignettes for these types of shots.

Adrienne oozes cool confidence and determination, but you could totally see her eyes sparkle and the ends of her lips turn up into a smile when it came to talking about her fiance Javier. Their wedding day was so much fun (photobooth and hot dog cart at the reception)! I can't wait to share some of those moments with you once the images are edited.

Be sure to checkout her shoes (heels covered in crystals) and her ridiculously beautiful engagement ring : )



















No comments: