Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Lowe Family welcomes Lucy!

Lucy is the newest of three sisters! Her big sisters Lauren and Lindsey have been my little clients for quite some time now, I met Lindsey when she was two years old and had just moved to Houston with her family from Seattle. I was privileged to meet little miss Lauren when she was about three months old, so as you might imagine I was thrilled to hear that there had been another addition to the family! You may even see Lindsey and Lauren in the banner at the top of the blog-- one of their pics is still rotating (they're in pink and green polka dotted dresses).

We got a few family portraits, and some beautiful shots of Lucy and Lindsey. Lauren was having one of those "I'm not sure about you, Lady" kind of days that many of my preschool clients tend to have (I recall her older sister needing several handfuls of goldfish crackers and an episode of Clifford to warm up to me)... but I did manage to catch a beautifully "Lauren" shot of her peeking at me from behind a couch cushion. Sometimes the pictures that really remind us of a child's true personality are better than any forced smile we could coax. There's so much excitement welcoming a new baby into the family, but also quite a bit of transition as the former youngest learns to cope with not being the baby of the family anymore.

I capture what's happening... and sometimes, it's pouting : )

We shot in the family room upstairs in their home, a familiar location for me. After a bit of furniture rearranging, we cleared a sweet spot with lots of pretty light. Here re our results!
























No comments: