Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Evan's newborn portraits with Big Brother Aidan

I've been photographing big brother Aidan since before he was born (Mommy came to me for maternity portraits!), so I was happy to be asked back for the family's brand new bundle of joy, Evan. As much as Aidan looks like Mommy, Evan looks like Daddy... it's so funny to see how brothers can be so different.

This shoot took place in the family's home. I scouted the prettiest brightest place I could find... the master bathroom! We used an ottoman and a boppy for most of the baby posing. I had some new baby things I couldn't wait to try out, and Evan was a great sport in the little-bear cap and cocoon. Aidan was happy to get up there and be a ham while Evan was feeding, so we got some wonderful big brother shots as well!

Toward the end of the session, Aidan was so kind as to get up on the ottoman and snuggle with his little brother-- absolutely precious, priceless, intimate shots. Evan was so comfortable with Aidan crawling around him, he slept peacefully while big brother crawled around him, kissing and cuddling him. As his grandma said, "Aidan has one volume setting... LOUD!"

I'm willing to bet that Evan is a little comforted by his silly brother's jibber jabber, as he surely heard that voice while in the womb.

Finally, we were able to get a casual shot of Mom with both boys... a picture they'll surely be taking for years to come, but the boys will never be this small and sweet again. I hope that 20 years from now, they can all look back on this one and smile. If Dad is any indication, these little guys will grow to be quite strapping burly young gents!

As I was leaving, I could hardly resist snapping one of Aidan, shirtless, hanging out in the hall. He was checking us out, and I had been playing peek-a-boo around the corner with him. Again, a hall I'm sure he'll look down many more times. Each time, he'll have grown bigger and bigger.




























No comments: