Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Super-exciting headline news...

It snowed in Houston : ) We were all pretty excited about it, too. It is as blizzardy of weather as I've ever seen in real life... I was driving down the freeway with big clumps of snow hurtling toward me like some kind of wintery twilight zone! We actually had snow last year as well, but Jack and I were in Las Vegas and missed it.

I happened to be shuttling my mom to and fro, and snapped a few pics with my handy Sony Cybershot out the window of the car as we were driving through Hermann Park (otherwise I'd have done what every other native Houstonian does when the weather dips below 40 degrees-- stayed in my house and off the roads). It was crazy to see our Sam Houston statue all covered in snow!!!

I had to get a picture of the "monkey tree" in the wintery wonderland. There were four people playing around it, making snowballs for a snowball fight..the kind where everyone scrapes snow off the ground, makes ONE snowball, and you throw. Then it's over, of course, because there isn't really enough snow for more than one snowball per person ; )

It was really pretty magical to see a layer of white all over the place.... didn't last long, but WOW!

Now we're back to our regularly scheduled seventy degree mucky humidity, trying to figure out if we should just leave the heater off, or actually turn the AC on. Tomorrow it might be 50 degrees, and then the next day it could be 80 for all we know. We enjoy weather spontaneity here.













No comments: